| rcm2 team has presented various international
publications. List of these are given below segregated on the basis of team
Dr. Saeed Fararooy
ii) Refereed Journal Publications
- Self-tuning control for proportional plus integral controllers, MSc
Thesis, Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, UMIST,
Manchester, March 1983.
- Control systems for a modular fancy-yarn hollow-spindle spinning machine,
PhD Thesis, Department of Textiles, UMIST, Manchester, September 1998.
iii) Refereed International Conferences
- Fararooy, S, Perkins, J D, Malik T, J Oglesby and S Williams (1993)
Process Controllability Toolbox, Computers and Chemical Engineering,
Vol. 17, No. 5/6: 617-625.
- Fararooy, S and J Allan (1995) Condition monitoring and fault diagnosis
of electro-pneumatically operated machinery using acoustic emission
sensing, Journal of British Institute of NDT: INSIGHT, Vol. 7, No. 4,
pp, April 1995.
- Fararooy, S (1999) Novel microprocessor-based tachometer employing
ramp-waveform sampling technique, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics,
- Fararooy, S, Allan J, Irwin J and C Porter (1998) An Early-Failure
Warning System for Railway Signalling Equipment: Train-stops, submitted
to IEE Proceedings, Pt B.
- Lehrasab N, Fararooy, S et al (2002) Industrial fault diagnosis:
pneumatic train door case study, IMechE Proceedings, Journal of Rail
and Rapid Transit, Pt F, Vol. 216, pp 175-183, Oct. 2002.
iv) Other Publications
- Fararooy, S, Perkins, J D and T Malik (1992) A Software Package for
Process Controllability Analysis, 1st European Sym. on Computer Aided
Process Eng (ESCAPE-1) Denmark, May ’92.
- Fararooy, S, Allan J and B Mellitt (1994) Early failure warning system
for railway signalling equipment: 1. Train-stops, Comprail ’94,
Madrid, 7-9 September 1994, pp 135-142, Computational Mechanics Pubs.
- Fararooy, S and J Allan (1995) Condition-based maintenance of railway
signalling equipment, IEE International Conference Railink ’95,
Amsterdam, 27-30 March ’95.
- Fararooy, S, Allan J and YG Sherrif (1995) On-line Condition Monitoring
of Railway equipment using Neural Network Intelligence, COMADEM’95,
Kingston, Canada, 26-28 June 1995.
- Fararooy, S and J Allan (1995) Field trials of condition monitoring
system for railway signalling equipment, IRSE ASPECT ’95 Conf.,
London, 25-27 September 95.
- Fararooy S, Allan J, Jin J, Maleki K and F Pang (1996) Accurate train
localisation in open space and tunnels, IEE Int. Conf. On Public Transport
Electronic Systems PTES’96, London, 21-22 May 1996.
- Fararooy S, Allan J and A Edwards (1996 A Survey of Train to Track
CCTV Transmission Systems, Railtech 96, NEC, Birmingham, 21-23 May 1996.
- Fararooy S, J Allan, S K Abed, N Lehrasab. 1996. Condition Monitoring
of Railway Equipment: Experiences from Case Studies, COMADEM’96,
Sheffield, Rail Sessions Supplementary Proceedings.
- Fararooy, S, Allan J and S K Abed (1996) Condition monitoring of
Railway Equipment: DC circuit breaker case study, Comprail’96,
Berlin, 21-23 August 1996.
- Fararooy S, J Allan, N Lehrasab. 1997. Condition Monitoring of Railway
Equipment: Train Rotary Door Operator Case Study, “Train Maintenance
Tomorrow and Beyond”, IMechE Int. Conf., York, April 1997.
- Fararooy S. 1997. (RCM)² for Railways’ Safety-Critical
Signalling Equipment, ICivilE/IRSE Conference, Current Problems Current
Solutions, Railtex’97, Wembley, London, November 1997.
- Abed S K, S Fararooy, J Allan. 1998. PC-based condition monitoring
system to verify reliability-centred maintenance of electro-pneumatic
point machines on London Underground, IEE Int. Conf. on Developments
in Mass-Transmit Systems, April 1998.
- Roberts C, S Fararooy. 1998. Remote Condition Monitoring into the
next Millenium, Comprail ’98, Lisbon, September 1998, Computational
- S Fararooy, C Mair. 1998. Review of Overhead-Wire geometry Measurement
Systems, IEE Seminar on Current Collection for High-Speed Trains, London
2 Oct. 1998.
- S Fararooy. 1998. Condition monitoring for rail transport: (RCM)²
Strategy, IEE Seminar on Condition Monitoring for Rail Transport, Birmingham,
10 Nov. 1998.
- C Mair, S Fararooy. 1998. Practice and Potential of Computer Vision
for Railways, IEE Seminar on Condition Monitoring for Rail Transport,
Birmingham, 10 Nov. 1998.
- H Yazdi, C Roberts and S Fararooy. 1998. Intelligent Analysis of
RCM data using Simulation, IEE Seminar on Condition Monitoring for Rail
Transport, Birmingham, 10 Nov. 1998.
- S Fararooy. 2001. Reducing delays in London Underground Junctions
and Termini, IEE People in Control (PIC 2001) Conference, Manchester,
Dr. Nadeem Lehrasab
- Fararooy, S and R Luna-Aguire (1989) Interactive PID controllers for
a multi-zone temp. control system, UPEC’89.; Fararooy, S and S
M Li (1990) Adaptive PID controllers for a multi-zone furnace, UPEC’90.
- Fararooy, S (1990) New speed measurement technique for automotive
applications, IEEE Workshop on Electronic Applications in Transportation,
Dearborn, Oct. 1990.
- Fararooy, S (1990) Towards Intelligent Control Systems: An Overview,
Baranoosh Scientific Quarterly (in Farsi), Vol. 1, No. 3, Summer 1990.
- Oglesby, J, Fararooy, S Perkins, J D and T Malik (1992) Early Stage
Process Controllability Assessment, IFAC workshop: Interactions between
process design and process control, London, Sep.
- Fararooy, S, Perkins, J D and M Olivier (1992) GUI-based Matlab Toolbox
for Process Controllability, 2AO92 Conf., Paris, November 1992
- Fararooy, S and J Allan (1995) On-line Condition Monitoring of Railway
Signalling Equipment using Neural Network based Intelligent Sensors,
IEE Seminar, 4 April 95.
i) International Publications
ii) Other Publications
- Lehrasab, N., Dassanayake, H, Roberts, C., Fararooy, S. and Goodman,
C., Industrial fault diagnosis: pneumatic train door case study, Proceedings
of the IMechE Part F Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit, September 2002,
vol. 216, no. 3, pp 175-183
- Lehrasab, N., Roberts, C., Dassanayake, H., and Goodman, C., Distributed
quantitative and qualitative fault diagnosis: railway junction case
study, IFAC Control Engineering Practice, April 2002, vol. 10, no. 4,
- N Lehrasab, HPB Dassanayake, C Roberts, S Fararooy, CJ Goodman. 2002.
Industrial Fault Diagnosis: Pneumatic Train Door Case Study, Journal
of Rail and Rapid Transit, 216, 175-183. ISSN: 0954-4097. Publication:
- Lehrasab, N. Fararooy, S., Intelligent multiple sensor early failure
warning system for train rotary door operator, IEE Target Tracking and
Data Fusion (Digest No: 1996/253), Malvern, pp 14/1-14/9, UK
- Lehrasab, N, Fararooy, S.; Generic test environment for single-throw
mechanical equipment Computing And Control Engineering Journal, 1998
- Lehrasab, N.; Fararooy, S, .Formal definition of single throw mechanical
equipment for fault diagnosis, IEE Electronics Letters, September, 1998
34 (23) Page 2231
More than 18 conference papers have been so far presented:
- Lehrasab N., Review of Fault Diagnostics in Engineering Applications
(Part I & II); IBCAST 2002
- Munir. A, Lehrasab, N., .A novel intelligent target tracking paradigm
employing interaction multiple model kalman filters, INMIC 2002
- Majid Ali, Lehrasab N, Arshad Munir, M Adil; Parity Space Observation
Generation for Image Tracking Applications, CMD 2001
- Lehrasab N, Munir A; Review of Fault Detection Techniques, CMD 2001
- Lehrasab N, Munir A; Review of Fault Isolation Techniques, CMD 2001
- Lehrasab N, Munir A; Review of Neuro-Fuzzy Techniques for FDI CMD
- Lehrasab N, S Tanwir, U Rafique; Cost-Effective Embedded Distributed
Control And Data Acquisition, CMD 2001
- S. Mirza, Lehrasab N, A Rehman; Remote Condition Monitoring Using
- A. Rehman, Dr. N Lehrasab; Low Budget Generic Automated Testing Environment
- Lehrasab N, Munir A; Review of Condition Monitoring and Diagnostics
in Railways CMD 2001
- Lehrasab N, S. Fararooy; Review of Condition Monitoring and Diagnostics
in Railways CMD 2001